During our weekly Thursday afternoon HR on Tap, NOLA SHRM HR professionals discussed what they are thinking about to help employees with the challenges of child care.
What Can Employers Do to Assist with School Delays or Closures? Here is some of what was shared:
- Creating a SURVEY of Parents within the company to determine:
- College or high School kids available for baby sitting gigs.
- College or High School kids who could tutor or conduct structured activities for a family or group of kids.
- Potential to create a POD of kids in similar grades to study together.
- Parent Support Groups by school or school district?
Several External Resources were shared:
- EDNavigator: https://www.ednavigator.com/
- Not For Profit organization that works with companies to advocate for families.
- Care.com; https://www.care.com/
- Company that offers care for kids and seniors. Also offer tutoring and school at a company's office.
- Hiring Retired Teachers to do on line or tutoring at a company office.
- On Line Tutoring
This is a list of resources for sharing. Not vetted or verified by NOLA SHRM.
HR on Tap Host
Closed Schools, Camps and Day Cares Raise Workplace Complications for Managers
With no end in sight to the pandemic, managers navigate a confusing landscape of child care conflicts
Link to Full Article