Return to Work Guide
Assessing the Risk and Actions to Mitigate Them
This document is designed to provide a framework for preparing a company to return employees to work following the pandemic. We will all continue to navigate and learn within the landscape of COVID-19. Our hope is that this resource helps your organization prepare for returning employees in a manner they feel comfortable performing their jobs safely.
Returning to work should be something that the leadership team carefully evaluates and decides. Under the circumstances today, this decision is layered with complexity and should not be taken lightly.
Several questions the leadership team should have clarity on:
- Is the business prepared to take the necessary precautions to protect the employees?
- Is there a financial need or outcome to deliver that is best met if employees return now?
- What’s working or not working with telework/remote work as it is today?
- Is the office ready to be re-inhabited? Was it deep cleaned?
- Can the business/leaders reassure employees that they will be safe entering the workspace?
- Is it mandatory to return to the office full time?
- Will telework be allowed for those employees who continue to have constraints for childcare?
- Which departments need to return to the workspace and why?
- Will the company provide training on how to maintain a safe workspace?
- Is the business prepared to conduct screenings and protect confidential employee information?
- What happens if employees come back to work and get sick?
NOLA SHRM Return To Work Guide 5.2020 vff.pdf