Return to Work – Assessing the Risk and Actions to Mitigate Them
This document is meant to provide a framework for deciding and preparing a company to return employees to work. We will all continue to navigate and learn within the landscape of COVID19. Our hope is this resource helps your organization prepare for returning employees to a place where they feel comfortable performing their jobs safely.
Returning to work should be something that the leadership team carefully debates and decides. Under the circumstances today, this decision is layered with complexity and should not be taken lightly.
Several questions the leadership team should have clarity on:
- What departments need to return to the workspace and why? What’s working or not working with telework/remote work as it is today?
- Is there a financial need or outcome to deliver that is best met if employees return now?
- Is the office ready to be re-inhabited? Was it deep cleaned? Can you reassure employees that they will be safe entering the workspace?
- Is it mandatory to return to the office full time?
- Will telework be allowed for those employees who continue to have constraints for childcare?
- Is the business prepared to take the necessary precautions to protect the employees?
- What happens if employees come back to work and get sick?
- Is the business prepared to conduct screenings and protect confidential employee information?
- Will the company provide training on how to maintain a safe workspace?
NOLA SHRM Return To Work COVID19.pdf